Thank you to all those who entered the art contest.
Participants will be contacted directly.
Each year, my office publishes an annual Community Calendar. This year, I am pleased to be hosting an art competition,
'The beauty in your community', where students can have their artwork featured in the Community Calendar.
A panel of professors from the Fine Arts Department at York University will evaluate the submissions and select the award recipients.
Artists who are awarded the Art Award will also have their name and artwork displayed in the 2024 Community Calendar and on my website.
Eligible entries must:
- Be able to fit in a 8.5 x 5.5 inch space (half the size of a letter sheet of paper folded horizontally
- Be entirely original artwork
- Be appropriate for general audiences
- Entrants must be enrolled in grade 11 or 12 and reside or attend school in Humber River - Black Creek
- Capture the beauty & spirit of Humber River-Black Creek (For example landmarks, natural features of the riding)
In addition to your entry, you will need to provide:
- Your first and last name
- Your current grade
- The high school you are currently attending
- A brief description of how your entry captures the beauty and spirit of Humber River-Black Creek (150-200 word maximum)
- Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] no later than Friday June 30, 2023.
- Submissions will be evaluated by Professors from the Fine Arts Department at York University.